Monday 13 July 2015

Part 2


10 th July 2015
After 8 months and 3 weeks wait, we now have our new home on wheels and we are so excited! I had to smile though as one of the reasons it was delayed at the factory they think was due to missing cushions!  I thought of all things to go missing it had to be cushions!
A big thank you to Mike at White Arches, I'm sure he will be glad to see the back of us! Also thank you to Dave for dropping us over there so we could drive home together.


A nervous drive home then into our narrow driveway but Neil made it look easy. A steady flow of family and friends all intriuged to see what we will be living in for the next 9 months have been surprised as to what you can fit in such a small space!

A  wonderful leaving lunch was organised by my friend Andrea with some friends it was a lovely surprise as we had not planned on having a party or any gathering, I'm not good at goodbyes.





            I have also left my Nanny job of 13 years, I will miss you girls x

13th July
Starting to pack up the Motorhome and by the way I'm calling her Bessie! Don't laugh, Neil thinks I'm mad but she is going to play a big part in our lives over the months i think she deserves a name.
Bessie is sitting in our back garden waiting patiently whilst i load the cupboards and weigh her down with all the things we need, i haven't started on the clothes yet just setting up the kitchen first and i wonder how many times Neil is going to ask me where things are! Already packed the wine glass!

                               Lists everywhere but its all exciting!




                                                       
Inside Bessie!
Update!
Neil has just found out that in order to use swimming pools in France you have to wear Budgie Smugglers (Speedos!!)
I can't wait to put that on the blog! hope it doesn't scare anyone, i will be sitting on the opposite side of the pool for the best view!






5 comments:

  1. Wow, Bessie looks amazing!
    I'm feeling excited for you both!!!
    Neil wearing budgie smugglers has me giggling, I'll be looking forward to reading that instalment!!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW doesn't even come close to describing you and Neils forthcoming adventure. You are both such lovely people that you truly deserve to enjoy this next chapter in your lives. We have share some lovely meals and momentous occasions ( we wont mention the paramedics in the dark!) Rachel thank you for helping me organise our wedding.
    Your photos don't do Bessie justice, she is AMAZING!!!!
    Hope you both have a wonderful time, we will see you in Barcelona!!! Andrea and Paul xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bessie looks amazing!!good luck with all the packing,so excited for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've loved reading about all your adventures. It sounds amazing! Lots of love Anna, Laura and Maggie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi looks like you are having a wonderful time ! 😎Where are you off to next 🚍Xx

    ReplyDelete